Sunday, February 20, 2011

A little about me...

Just so those who end up reading this blog know something about me, I figured I would throw out a basic profile of who I am. So here goes!

I'm 33 as of this post, born in Lexington, Tennessee, currently living in Arkansas. I'm married to a wonderful guy, Greg, who's the most wonderful, supporting spouse anyone could ask for.  I have one sister, Amanda, and one brother, Charles, and my mom, Connie. My father, also named Charles, passed away 10 years ago.

I'm a teacher, currently teaching at a psychiatic residential facility. I've also taught in 3 public schools, including at the high school of one of my favorite political figures, Bill Clinton. I don't think that many teachers are paid enough for the bullcrap they put up with (disrespectful students, not enough resources, being forced to teach to a test that doesn't prove anything about realistic intelligence). I have been a proud member of a teachers' union, and will continue to support them, as they supported me during a particularly trying time in my early career.  I think that working conditions need to be improved for teachers, which is something I will cover in a later post.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Education from The University of Memphis, and a Master's in Education from Henderson State University. I love my job, and I think that going into the political field will help me help a much more wide scope of people than just the ones I see in the classroom.

I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be. Financially I've screwed up a few times, who hasn't? My credit score isn't perfect, I owe student loans that I'm still trying to figure out a way to pay, but my mortgage and car payments are always paid, and my utilities, even if the electric bill is sometimes late. I'm not the neatest housekeeper, my house is sometimes more of a mess than not, but I try hard to keep things at least under control.

I'm an avid book collector, but no firm count on how many I actually have, it's probably more than I think I actually have. I love music, good television shows (CSI, NCIS, True Blood, most anything on the History Channel), movies, and spending time with friends and family whenever possible.

I think of myself as religious, even if I'm not the most regular church attendee, Episcopalian by denomination. I think that there are many paths to God, and to each his own. I don't agree with religious zealots, those who kill in the name of any religion, or disrespect funerals to try and promote their religious agenda. I also think of myself as somewhat of a pacifist, despite my family's military history. My father and brother are both Marines, one uncle was in the Navy, one was in the Army. I don't think that violence is always the best way to solve things.

I'm an open minded person, who enjoys meeting and talking to people from all walks of life. I welcome any questions and comments, and I hope that this blog will develop into a jumping off point for a new way of thinking for regular Americans, those who want to take this country back to prosperity and respectability, and have real leaders with real leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment